Terms & Conditions
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
To quickly process your transactions.
To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
To give our teams and partners the ability to identify sales and marketing opportunities.
If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Clearwing, The Clearwing Group, Clearwing Productions, Clearwing Systems Integration, and AVL Expo. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business (such as manufacturers, manufacturer representatives, vendors) or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, at times visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please visit the “update your preferences” or "unsubscribe" link within the footer of any email communication from us. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To opt out of automated SMS messages, reply "STOP" to any message.
To delete all of your online account information from our databases, please contact us. Please note that we may maintain information regarding individual transactions in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
You consent to this policy by using our site, visiting our locations in-person, or communicating with our staff.
If you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of methods listed on our contact us page.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Some Of The Cookies We Set
Account related cookies
Login related cookies
Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- X (Twitter)
- Others which may not be listed
Technical Services General Terms and Conditions
1. General Scope
- Clearwing carries out repairs solely in line with the following conditions; furthermore, the general sales terms and conditions of Clearwing Systems Integration, LLC apply. Clearwing does not accept conflicting or deviating terms and conditions of the client or order confirmations under deviating terms and conditions, unless specifically agreed upon by Clearwing. Clearwing’s conditions also apply if Clearwing carries out the repair without disagreeing to the conflicting or deviating terms and conditions of the client.
- The terms and conditions set forth herein do not apply to repairs Clearwing carries out on the basis of a warranty agreement.
- If a sole clause of these general terms and conditions for Technical Services is invalid, the Technical Services contract, without the invalid clause, remains valid. The invalid clause is replaced by the respective applicable law. The court of jurisdiction is Milwaukee, WI.
- A claim for a repair based on a warranty must be announced with the placement of the service request and evidence must be provided. Evidence includes the purchase invoice, packing slip, or order confirmation.
- Any and all warranties will be voided if any unauthorized repairs, programming, or adjustments were performed on any of the warranted equipment provided by Clearwing.
- Issues not covered under warranty include, but are not limited to force majeure, damage caused by water, improper use, non-complete or dismantled equipment or shipping of an electronic equipment packed in non-compliant electrostatic discharge (ESD) material.
- If warranty service is requested and it is determined that the issue is not warranty related, regular Clearwing service charges and associated travel expenses shall be applied to the service order.
- Service orders for discontinued models can only be carried out subject to the availability of spare parts.
- Clearwing reserves the right to carry out the repair by a Clearwing Service Technician at a Clearwing service location or through a third party.
- Repair target dates are always nonbinding. The definitive repair time depends on the actual repair work and parts availability.
- Clearwing reserves the right to replace defective equipment with new or refurbished exchange equipment. Thus, Clearwing becomes the owner of the replaced defective equipment.
- If the equipment cannot be repaired or the repair is not economically advantageous, Clearwing will inform the client accordingly about the necessity to order new equipment. If the client wishes to retrieve the defective equipment, Clearwing will return it and charge all respective costs.
- If the client does not retrieve the defective equipment eight (8) weeks from the date of service order, Clearwing will dispose of the defective equipment. Clearwing reserves the right to charge the client for any respective disposal costs incurred.
- Service order estimates are nonbinding. Clearwing reserves the right to charge for the preparation of the service order estimate in the form of a service estimate fee.
- The service estimate fee will be deducted from the final service order when the service order estimate is authorized for work to be carried out by Clearwing.
- Service order estimates are made on the basis of partly dismounted equipment. If additional damaged parts or necessary work steps are identified during the repair that lead to an upward deviation from the service order estimate by more than 10%, Clearwing will inform the client accordingly in writing and carry out the repair only after a renewed authorization of a service order.
- With the service order estimate, the client receives a detailed list of the work steps to be carried out and the necessary spare parts.
- The service order estimate remains valid for four (4) weeks after the issuance date.
- Clearwing reserves the right to treat the defective equipment as abandoned after a storage time of eight(8) weeks from the date of delivering the service order estimate and twice reminding the client about their pending decision. In that case, Clearwing reserves the right to use the equipment at Clearwing’s discretion and charge the client with applicable storage and/or disposal costs.
- The return shipment of the repaired equipment will be carried out by Clearwing’s regular shipping company, unless otherwise agreed upon. If Clearwing incurs additional costs as a result of the client’s further requirements, Clearwing reserves the right to charge the client for additional costs accrued.
- The agreed upon shipping company undertakes to hand over the repaired equipment to an employee of the client. If the client requests the shipping company do otherwise, the equipment is treated as received by the client with their delivery.
- Clearwing shall warranty the repaired equipment to be free from defective components or faulty workmanship within the restrictions and regulations of the manufacturers’ warranties.
- Clearwing shall warranty labor, workmanship, and installations provided by its own entity for a period not to exceed thirty (30) Days from date of invoice.
- Charges for repairs are calculated in accordance with the actual incurred expenses. See Clearwing Technical Services rates for a current list of applicable Technical Services fees.
- In the event Clearwing supplies exchanged equipment and retains the defective equipment as the new owner, Clearwing reserves the right to charge average repair costs as incurred in the past for this model. However, this procedure requires the repair of the defective equipment to be economic.
- Service order invoices are due upon receipt of the invoice unless payment terms have been previously agreed upon by both parties.
- The repaired equipment and/or spare parts remain Clearwing’s property until the complete payment of the service order invoice.
Technical Sales Quote Acceptance Terms
- Prices are good for thirty (30) days from the date of estimate. Purchase order or written confirmation is required prior to order placement. Returned items will be subject to a ten-percent (10%) restocking fee, plus shipping and handling expenses. Please be advised that it may be necessary to pay use taxes in your state, and that by ordering these items, the purchaser acknowledges that all use taxes and use tax filings are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
Standard Return Policy
Items purchased from Clearwing are eligible for return up to thirty (30) days from the date of delivery. All returns are subject to inspection. Unless otherwise stated, a minimum restocking fee of ten (10) percent may apply based on this inspection. Return authorizations are valid for thirty (30) days only and may be obtained by email to www.clearwing.com/contact or a call to your salesperson. The customer is responsible for return shipping. Restock fees will also apply to any delivery that is refused. You must have a return authorization or present the item in person to return items. Items must be in original, brand-new condition and show no signs of wear or use and must also include all original packaging, manuals, warrantees, and accessories. Shipping and handling fees are nonrefundable.
Standard Policy on Defective Product
If you believe you have received a defective product, contact our team at clearwing.com/contact or call your salesperson, to determine the proper course of action as different manufacturers and brands may require specific steps for resolution. Defective items beyond thirty 30 days from delivery fall under the manufacturer warranty. Please contact our service department at www.clearwing.com/contact to see if you will be more quickly served by the manufacturer or Clearwing.
If a product is damaged upon receipt, damage must be reported and documented within seven (7) days of delivery. Please retain all items and their packaging until you have coordinated the next steps with our returns department. Failure to do so may result in return handling charges or make your product non-returnable. Damaged items may be replaced with new products at no additional cost.
Non-Returnable Items Policy
The following items are not subject to the Clearwing Standard Return Policy:
- Custom and made to order products
- Software, digital downloads, and authorization keys
- Discontinued products and demo gear
- Open-Box and Floor Model products
- Personal products (earphones, earbuds, etc.)
- Repair parts
- Used Gear - All sales are final. Used gear is tested and fully functional unless otherwise noted.